The Early College Academy (ECA) is a partnership between the KC Public Schools and MCC-Penn Valley. Qualified and highly motivated high school juniors and seniors attend college classes full time on the Penn Valley campus, earning both their high school diploma and Associate's degree.
While in the ECA, students get the complete college experience, taking all their classes with other college students, participating in college activities and clubs, and even working on campus.
I invite you to browse our website for more information email Paula Schaaf, the Coordinator of Early College Programs, at email@example.com
or call (816) 604-4059.
Program Selection Requirements
Students must have:
- A GPA of 3.5 or higher is recommended
- College ready scores in math, reading, and writing on the MCC placement test (Currently the COMPASS but will be changing fall of 2016
- OR a 21 or higher on the ACT
- Recommendations from high school faculty, and/or counselor (3 recommendations required)
- An essay (at least 500 words) written by the student using a specific prompt (There are five prompt choice)
- An MCC Application filled out online as well as an Early College Academy application packet
- A signed agreement to abide by the expectations and responsibilities of the KCPS Early College Academy
Students will be responsible for:
- Their transportation to and from Penn Valley.
- Their food while on campus - breakfast and lunch are not provided
- Following the academic calendar of the college.
- Following the behavioral expectations of both the KCPS and Penn Valley.