About Gladstone Elementary
Gladstone School is located in the historic Northeast part of Kansas City, Missouri. The old school was established in 1915. It was demolished in 1988 to make way for the new Gladstone School. The newer building was built on the foundation of the original school, and thus has a long history as a neighborhood school.
The new building was built as a dual-themed magnet school. One side was built to accommodate Math and Science themes, while the other side focused on the Visual and Performing Arts.
The current status as a neighborhood school benefits from the beautiful auditorium and dance studio, as well as a computer lab.
The school day begins at 8:10am and ends at 3:20pm.
Breakfast is served from 7:45am to 8:10am.
Early release days (half-days), dismissal is at 11:40 am.
Gladstone School has a strong ELL program and a classroom for New Americans. The school is the official site of the Kansas City Public Schools Deaf and Hard of Hearing elementary program.
Each Fall, the school partners with community organizations to help host the annual Cliffhanger Walk/Run. Cliff Drive was designated as a State Scenic Byway on June 2, 2000. It winds 4.27 miles from The Paseo and Independence Avenue, through Indian Mound on Gladstone Boulevard, just one block from Gladstone Elementary.
(816) 418 - 3950